Volunteer in Cambodia!
We offer Volunteering opportunities in teaching and public health. Our programs are in Preah Vihear Province, which is about 3 hours drive north from Angkor Wat. Preah Vihear temple was built during 8-9th century i.e. before the Angkor Wat.
We offer programs in Preah Vihear province where 3,000 families were displaced during the boarder conflict between Cambodia and Thailand that started in 2008. These families have been settled by the Cambodian Government in a new area called "eco-village". They are having difficulties in earning enough food and income to send their kids to schools. These schools are newly built and have no English subject.
DESCRIPTIONAngkor Wat is a iconic temple of Cambodia which was built in 11-12th centuries. It was abandoned and is a mystery where those people who built such a huge structure. It was discovered recently and highlighted due to its massive mountain like temples. It is attracting 2-3 million people annually.
1. Volunteers for Teaching We offer teaching volunteers in Primary or Secondary Schools. Those who join our program will have chances to visit those temples. Those who can teach English, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese etc. to kids. They also can teach sports such soccer, and others. In a primary school there are more than 600 students but no English and other languages are taught. In the Secondary school, over 100 students are studying. Only one teacher teaches English which is not enough.
Cambodia has a great opportunity of tourism industry. Government plans to promote tourism more but they lack people who can speak and write in English, and other languages. The ancient temples are spread all over from Angkor Wat to the north up to Preah Vihear area. If the kids could speak good English, they could get good job as tourist guides.
2. Volunteers in Public Health Centre In the new eco-village, there is a public health centre where only one doctor and 8 nurses work. Medical store has limited stock of medicines supplied by the Ministry of Health. It has 8 beds only, maternity ward where about 20 new birth takes place monthly. Most common cases are accidents, simple health problems e.g. headaches, stomachaches etc. In serious cases, they refer to Provincial Hospital. Medical volunteers can help simple measuring temperatures, weights, blood pressures, and also help in maternity wards.
- Minimum length of volunteering: 1 week
- Working days: Monday - Friday
- Work load: 4-5 hours/day
- Office time: 08:30 - 15:30 hrs.
- Starting date: open throughout the year
- Age over 18 years
- No experience is needed
- Special skills such as sports or games, drawing, singing, dancing, paper-cutting, painting, etc. would be very useful.
- paint schools walls
- build or repair schools / public health centers.
- provide medical and mental supports to students
- and some other related activities
Write email to: email@example.com. We will send you a suitable project with details. Those who want to be a part of the team, please write and send us your CV or apply online from the top menu.
Booking fee: is US$25 (payable in advance via PayPal). Simply send us email or apply online from the top menu.
The program fee starts from US$199 per week with discounts for more weeks which are shown above the "ADD TO CART" button. Discounted prices will appear after clicking the button and changing the quantity (Qty) i.e. number of weeks. This fee covers your food (2 meals a day), reasonable accommodation (with host family or hostel), airport pick up, and local management fee.
What are not covered with these fees?
- Insurance (medical or health/life)
- Visa fee
- Personal items
- Local travel to work
- Cost incurred due to negligence
The fees cover the followings:
- Airport pick up
- Two meals a day (breakfast and dinner)
- 24/7 support service
- Airport drop off
Fee can be paid via:
- Credit Cards
- Direct Wire/Bank transfer (please write email to us for more details)
How to pay fees?
1. For registration and coordination fees:
- Please click on the "Add to Cart", the green button on top.
- The fee shown there is per week. If you want more then a week, after clicking the button, you can change the Qty by clicking on it.
- Write the quantity and enter, it will calculate automatically.
- Then Check out
- You will see "PayPal" click on it, you will also see payment options using Credit cards or PayPal itself.
- Those who want to transfer money via Bank, please write to: Coordinator@see-abroad.com
Who are we?
Who are we? We are a team of academicians and volunteers who have passion in helping communities in Cambodia, Bali, Myanmar, Nepal, Thailand and in other parts of Asia by mobilizing like-minded people especially youths and energetic people. Our main office is in Ayuthaya, Thailand and our network members are in their respective countries. For more information please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
We provide guidance how to teach children of non-native English speakers. You can travel during weekends and after office hours during weekdays. Utilize your extra time to help children and the community who are in dire need. You can teach English and also French in some schools, work with disadvantaged children, coach and play sports etc. For volunteering you will need to be over 18 years of age.
In addition to teaching and public health work your help may needed to:
Thank you for visiting this site!